Welcome to the Destin Harbor Boardwalk!
The boardwalk project was completed in June 2012 and is the vision of the 2003 Harbor Community Redevelopment Area Plan. It includes new decking and pavers, landscaping, lighting and seating. Multiple property owners along the harbor participated in the project to add continuity along the harbor with easy access to local fishing charter boats, great restaurants and a multitude of water activities.
The future home of (map it) is located in the center of the stretch of boardwalk. Plans for this park are underway that will add a gateway to the harbor.
Public Parking Lots
Destin Community Center (after business hours)
Destin Library (after business hours)
Marler Street PAY-TO-PARK (Corner of Marler St. and Hwy. 98)
Zerbe Street PAY-TO-PARK (Corner of Zerbe St. and Sibert Ave.)
There are four designated pedestrian crosswalks along Hwy. 98 (east to west) in the Harbor District: Melvin St.; Marler Street Parking Lot; Palmetto St.; and Stahlman Ave. Please use these crosswalks to cross Hwy. 98.
Important Harbor District Parking Tips
- Destin Community Center parking is available on weekdays and weekends after business hours. The lot is occasionally closed for special community center events. Closing signs will be posted.
- Destin Library weekend parking is available after hours – Saturday after 1 p.m.; all day Sunday
- The Zerbe Street parking lot is a Pay-to-Park lot. The cost is $1 the first hour and $.50 each additional hour.
- The Marler Street parking lot is a Pay-to-Park lot. The cost is $1 the first hour and $.50 each additional hour. Parking can be purchased via the Passport Parking App, downloadable from most online app stores.
- Do not park on sidewalks. Do not park in bike lanes.
- No overnight parking is allowed in city parking lots with the exception of purchased parking in the Marler and Zerbe lots.
- All parking in the Harbor District is within a 5 to 10-minute walk to the Harbor Boardwalk.
- There are a number of private parking options in the Harbor District. Some charge a fee.