Destin, FL


Does the city require a permit for a beach wedding?

Beach wedding permits are only available for The Shores at Crystal Beach Park and June White Decker Beach Park - maximum of 25 people. Beach access points are not available for permits. For more information about City of Destin event permits, please call the City of Destin Parks & Recreation Department at (850) 837-4242.  

Learn more about beach weddings and park permits

Where can I get a marriage license?

For marriage licenses, call the Okaloosa County Courthouse at (850) 651-7200 or

visit the Okaloosa County Clerk of Courts webpage.

Can I take my dog on the beach?

Dogs are NOT ALLOWED on the beaches in Destin/Okaloosa County. We encourage you to visit the City of Destin's Nancy Weidenhamer Dog Park located at 4100 Indian Bayou Trail.

Nancy Weidenhamer Dog Park

Are fires allowed on the beach?

Destin is in Okaloosa County and according to County Ordinance 79-41 fires are illegal on the beach between the water’s edge and mean high water mark or vegetation line, whichever is further.

Are fireworks allowed on the beach?

Fireworks are NOT ALLOWED on the beaches in Destin.

Can I camp overnight on the beach?

Overnight camping is NOT ALLOWED on the beaches in Destin.

Does Destin have a public tennis court?

There are two public tennis courts located at Buck Destin Park, 724 Legion Drive. They are open daily from 9 a.m. until dusk. For more information, call the Destin Parks & Recreation Department at (850) 650-1241 or (850) 654-5184.

Buck Destin Park

Can I drive my golf cart on Hwy. 98 or any streets in Destin?

Golf carts cannot be operated on any public street or pedestrian facility (sidewalk). A properly modified Low Speed Vehicle that complies with conditions set forth in Florida Statute 316.2122 “Operation of a Low Speed Vehicle on certain roadways” may be driven on streets that are designated as Low Speed Vehicle accessible. Also, see more information about this here.

How do I recycle in Destin?

The City of Destin contracts with Waste Management, Inc., for all solid waste services within the city limits, including recycling. Single-family, residential recycling is available curbside. If you live on a condominium or multi-family building that does not provide recycling options, recycling can be dropped off at the city's Public Services Maintenance Yard located at 3949 Commons Dr. A recycling dumpster is located just inside the gate to the left of the building and is open to the public from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday-Friday. Visit our solid waste page for details.

Where can I launch my boat?

The Joe’s Bayou public boat launch is located at 800 Beach Drive in Destin and is open daily, from dawn to dusk. There is a $20 daily launch fee.

Joe's Bayou Boat Launch

Am I allowed to take a pop up tent on the beach?

The City of Destin does not prohibit the placement of a pop up canopy on beaches within the city limits. Please note that leaving canopies on the beaches overnight may interfere with the beach cleaning services or may impede possible turtle nesting activities.

How do I report an aggressive animal?

The City of Destin contracts with PAWS for animal control. To report an aggressive animal, call (850) 244-0196 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nights and weekends, call (850) 685-6003.

More contact information for PAWS

Who do I contact regarding mosquito problems?

For mosquito-related issues, please contact Okaloosa County Mosquito Control District at (850) 651-7394 or (850) 689-5774.

Okaloosa County Mosquito Control District

What are the regulations for political signs in the city?

Political signs follow the same rules and regulations for all signs set forth in the City's Land Development Code, Article 16. A. Signs are prohibited from being placed in the city's rights-of-way or medians. B. Signs must be located on private property. C. Placement of signs on utility poles, trees or fences is prohibited. D. Signs must not obstruct the visibility of pedestrians, cyclists or motorists traveling or entering public streets. E. Signs must not block the visibility triangle of intersections. * Signs in violation of these provisions can be collected by the Code Enforcement Division and may be disposed of.

Destin Land Development Code, Article 16

What is the schedule for running the harbor pump?

The harbor pump, located on the south side of Destin Harbor off of Gulf Shore Dr., runs seven days a week from approximately 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. during the spring, summer and fall. The pump is run on an as-needed basis during the winter because water quality is naturally better during the cooler months.

How do I report airport noise/aircraft noise?

The Destin Executive Airport has a noise complaint management system.

Submit a complaint

Is the Mid-Bay toll bridge part of the city?

NO. The Mid-Bay toll bridge and its connector bypass are outside the city limits of Destin and are owned and operated by the Mid-Bay Bridge Authority. The City of Destin is not involved in decisions related to the bridge or bypass and does not receive revenue from tolls.

Contact the Mid-Bay Bridge Authority

Where is public parking and is there a fee?

There are several city-owned parking lots available to the public. Most public parking options in the city are pay-to-park. For more information, visit the city's Parking Page

Drones: Rules and Safety Tips