Public Event Information (including beach weddings)

All groups of 20 or more wishing to gather or hold an event of any nature on city-owned property are required to secure a Park Event Permit through the Destin Parks & Recreation Department. Examples include, but are not limited to: weddings, anniversary parties, family reunions, company picnics, sporting events and private parties. For more information about City of Destin event permits, please call the City of Destin Parks & Recreation Department at (850) 837-4242. 

Beach wedding permits are only available for The Shore at Crystal Beach Park and June White Decker Beach Park - maximum of 25 people. Beach access points are not available for permits. To inquire about renting the Clement Taylor Park pavilion, call the Destin Community Center at (850) 654-5184.

The city maintains 18 parks throughout the city including eight waterfront parks (view our parks now). Okaloosa County has one public beach in Destin at James Lee Park with a pavilion and minimal parking. Henderson Beach State Park is also located in Destin on Hwy. 98 and offers pavilions, abundant parking and wedding coordination. There are also a number of hotels and condominiums in Destin that offer wedding planning services.

Marriage licenses must be obtained from the Okaloosa County Clerk of Courts. 

Okaloosa County requires an event permit to be obtained from the county for organized public gatherings of 50 or more people on all county-owned property. For more information about Okaloosa County event permits, please call the Okaloosa County Public Works Department at (850) 689-5772.