Helicopters & Drones
The City of Destin follows all Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and guidelines.
When it comes to flying a drone, you must be aware of the FAA rules and regulations. As technology constantly changes please be sure to stay up-to-date on drone operations
For more information please visit the following websites:
- FAA Fact Sheet - Small Unmanned Aircraft Regulations (Part 107)
- Registration: www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/register_drone/
- Reporting: hotline.faa.gov
- Additional Info: www.faa.gov/uas/recreational_fliers/where_can_i_fly/
- ArcGis Map from FAA: faa.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=9c2e4406710048e19806ebf6a06754ad
The FAA Hotline accepts reports concerning the safety of the National Airspace System, violation of a Federal Aviation Regulation (Title 14 CFR), aviation safety issues, and reports related to FAA employees or FAA facilities.
If you are impacted by aircraft noise please visit: https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/apl/noise_emissions/airport_aircraft_noise_issues/.
To learn more about Destin’s Aircraft operation restricted zone (7.15.24), visit: https://library.municode.com/fl/destin/codes/land_development_code?nodeId=DELADECO_ART7LAUSTYDEINZORECO_7.15.00AIAIZORE
For a complete list of FAA guidelines, visit https://www.faa.gov/uas/
UAS Local Area Guidelines and Procedures.- http://www.flycew.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Eglin-AFB-Local-Area-sUAS-Guidelines-Jul-17.pdf
Aircraft Restricted Zone