David Forstrom was honored at the May 20 Destin City Council meeting as the city's employee of the 2nd quarter. Mayor Sam Seevers and Helen Rigdon of Congressman Jeff Miller's office presented him with award certificates at the meeting.
Forstrom is a planner in the Community Development Department and began his service to the city on Oct. 31, 2005. His work involves stormwater and flood plain management. He assists and coordinates with staff regarding the review of development related applications, creates ordinance amendments to the Comprehensive Plan, Land Development Code and Code of Ordinances. Forstrom is also involved in periodically processing Board of Adjustment applications.
Comments from David’s co-workers include:
• David strives to help customers achieve their goals.
• He is a spirited team player.
• David never complains and is receptive to whatever is needed from him.
• He often steps up to take difficult projects going out of his way to help the customer.
• David has excellent problem solving and community relations skills.