City of Destin Building Inspector Noell Bell was recognized as the city's Employee of the 3rd Quarter at the Aug. 19 city council meeting. Mayor Sam Seevers presented Bell with the award and proclamation, along with a special recognition for her accomplishments from Congressman Jeff Miller.
Bell began service to the city in March of 2000 as a maintenance technician in the Public Services Department. She joined the Community Development Department in July of 2005 when she was promoted to the position of building inspector.
Bell's responsibilities include the enforcement of state and local codes, regulations, ordinances and statutes as they pertain to residential and commercial buildings and related structures. She performs inspections of buildings to ensure conformity with established safety and construction codes as required by law.
Comments from her co-workers include:
• Noell is a truly dedicated employee working hard to meet scheduling targets to provide timely inspections as requested by customers.
• She is dedicated to the health and safety of our staff and community. As a member of the safety committee her inspections of city properties, facilities and parks help make our city safe and enhances our quality of life.
• Noell is a team player, always ready to volunteer and help. She is a member of the customer service quality team and the holiday planning committee.
• She is dedicated to her job responsibilities. Through self-study and intense testing, Noell successfully received several building inspector licenses.
• Noell is respected by co-workers and leaders and deserves to be recognized as an outstanding employee.