• HALLOWEEN DODGEBALL NIGHT: The Destin Community Center will host an open Halloween Dodgeball night on Thursday, October 17th from 6:00 pm to 8:00 p.m., allowing children ages 8 to 16 to participate in a night filled with dodgeball! Dress up in your favorite costume! There will be awards for best dressed & spirited. Fee is $3/session non-residents and $2/session Destin residents.
• DESTIN YOUTH BASKETBALL LEAGUE: The City of Destin will be have a Youth Basketball League for ages 3-16 (age as of September 1, 2019) at the Destin Community Center. Evaluations and drafts will commence November 4th and go thru November 8th, 2019. Practices will begin the week of November 18th and games will begin on December 6th, 2019. Fees are $65 for non-residents and $45 for Destin residents. Team sponsorships of $125 are needed. Registrations are being accepted at the Community Center now thru November 1, 2019.
• FALL FESTIVAL: The City of Destin’s 19th Annual Fall Festival will be held at the Destin Community Center on Monday, October 28, 2019 from 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm. We ask that you please bring one non-perishable food item for admission. There will be booths with fun games and activities, a cakewalk, a costume contest, a spacewalk/slide, a jack-o-lantern contest, and food for sale. Tickets for games and food will be on sale for 4/$1 or 20/$5, with most games costing one ticket. Registration for the costume contest is 5:00-6:00 pm. Carved pumpkins must be dropped off before 3 pm (judging promptly at 5 pm).
• JACK-O-LANTERN CONTEST: The City of Destin’s 19th Annual Fall Festival Jack-O-Lantern Contest will be held on Monday, October 28, 2019 at the Destin Community Center. All carved pumpkins are to be dropped off before 3 pm on Monday, October 28th and will be judged that same day. First through third place prizes will be awarded in these categories: scariest, funniest, and most original. The pumpkins will be lit and on display at the Community Center on Monday night at the City of Destin’s Fall Festival. All pumpkins not picked up by 8pm Tuesday, October 29th will be discarded.
• The City of Destin’s 13th Annual Holiday Craft Show will be held at the Destin Community Center on Friday, November 15 from 9:30 am – 5 pm and Saturday, November 16 from 9 am – 3 pm. There will be hand-crafted jewelry, wreaths, books, concessions, and much more from over 50 vendors! Vendor booths are available for $45/Destin residents and $55/non-residents (+$10 for a corner booth). This includes an 8ft x 10ft space, one 6ft table, and two chairs. Register early, as space is limited. Admission to the public is free.
Please call the Community Center at 850-654-5184 for more information