What is required to obtain STR registration?

Required documents are:   

City of Destin Local Business Tax Receipt and Application. Please call 850-837-4242 or visit the Building Division for more information. 

Department of Business and Professional Regulation Dwelling license. This process can be started by visiting www.myfloridalicense.com or call 850-487-1395, find the application under “Apply for /Update License> Hotels and Restaurants>Vacation Rental Dwelling”. 

State of Florida Resale Tax Certificate. This process can be started visiting http://floridarevenue.com/taxes/taxesfees/Pages/sales_tax.aspx under the taxes tab, begin with “Register to Collect & Report Taxes” or call 850-488-6800. 

Additional forms: 

Certificate of Affidavit: Contact Planning/Building Division for more information

Change of Use Form: Contact Planning/Building Division for more information. 

Show All Answers

1. How does a person apply for a short term rental registration?
2. What is required to obtain STR registration?
3. Where in the City of Destin are STRS Allowed?
4. What is the fee for obtaining a short term rental registration?
5. Does a short term rental have to register each year?
6. How many guest are allowed to stay in a STR?
7. When does the registration period start?
8. What are the fees for late registration?
9. If I change management companies do they have to register my property again?
10. What is the correct size of the sign?
11. What information has to be on the sign?
12. Where do I get the STR decal?
13. Where is the decal placed on the sign?
14. Will the sign decals be numbered, in order to prevent theft?
15. How soon do I have to have my sign up on my property after I register?
16. Where do I post my sign on my property?
17. My HOA says I cant have a sign, is that true?
18. Why do I need an emergency contact listed on my sign?
19. How will the number of parking spots be determined?
20. Will the grandfather clause remain in effect if the property sells?
21. Conflicting issues in 13-118 first paragraph states that pre-existing agreements books prior to enactment of this ordinance, are valid for one year and we have 120 days to change our advertising?