How do I permit waterfront modifications (docks/seawalls/etc)?

For all waterfront modifications, additions and demolition, first contact the city of Destin's Community Development Department at 654-1119. Permitting is required and the Community Development staff can help you navigate through the process.  

Show All Answers

1. Are drawings required and do they need to be drawn by an architect or engineer?
2. Can I, as an owner, act as my own contractor?
3. How long is a building permit valid?
4. I have an Okaloosa County Business Tax Receipt; do I also need one for the City of Destin?
5. Is a permit required for a fence?
6. What building code are you currently under?
7. What is required to be shown on a site plan?
8. When are foundation and as-built surveys required?
9. When is a Notice of Commencement required and where does it get filed?
10. When is a permit required?
11. How do I permit waterfront modifications (docks/seawalls/etc)?
12. Why is a permit required for concrete and/or pavers?
13. Do I need a permit to change my floor coverings in my multi-family dwelling (i.e. condo, apartment, etc.)?